We’ve tested LeanScale internally with staff using several models from Tanita, Omron, Escali, Withings and others, and our users cover nearly every possible model.
You’ll have to decide for yourself which is best, but we’ve found that getting consistent results depends much more on you than on your scale. All of these scales measure in the same way, by timing a tiny electrical pulse from one foot to the other. The slightest change in conditions affects the reading. If you steam the room with a shower first, are a bit sweaty, have had a good night out drinking, you’ll see nonsensical swings in body fat percentage. If you ensure that you keep well hydrated and check yourself at the same time each day (ideal: after you go to the bathroom but before you’ve had breakfast) under similar conditions, then you’ll get the most reliable measurements.
And remember, the absolute value of the body fat percentage of these scales may not be as accurate as more difficult and expensive means, but what’s most important is your change over time anyway. You want to see your overall body fat weight going down while your lean body weight stays the same or goes up. It’s difficult to note these changes using the scales by themselves, but with LeanScale, it’s easy to record your measurements and focus on the changes rather than the absolute values.
LeanScale is now available as both a web app and an iPhone app. The web app is free, and the iPhone app is regularly $9.99, on sale for $3.99 until June 5.
Available now in the iTunes App Store,
also available soon as a web app…
LeanScale is the first app designed exclusively to work with all body fat scales.
Developed by a team of experts including Dale Larson, CSCS.
Simple and easy, yet provides revolutionary and useful feedback not available in any other software. Makes weighing yourself fun and enlightening.
Until now, weighing yourself (and tracking it) was frustrating and confusing:
- Total number is often intimidating.
- Can’t see change fast enough.
- Numbers vary up and down in seemingly random ways.
- Can’t tell healthy weight from unhealthy weight (i.e., lean and fat). BMI doesn’t solve this problem: body composition can’t be calculated from only height and weight.
Body fat scales give more information, but can be confusing and frustrating. Previously available software didn’t help.
- Fast, simple interface to enter your daily weight and body fat percentage.
- Easy-to-understand summary of your current trends.
- Simple charts from sophisticated statistical analysis.
- Focus on trend direction and change rather than total weight.
- Shows your progress even when changes are small.
- Smooths out confusing random variances.
- Separates healthy lean weight (bone and muscle density) from fat weight, tracks and trends each separately.
- See what’s working and what isn’t: the effects of exercise and nutrition become obvious each day (supporting any program you follow).
- Supports Pounds, Kilograms and Stone.
- Weight accuracy to .1 and body fat percent to .1.
LeanScale makes it easy.